1. What is the Gaelic (Irish) name for Ireland?
2. Who is the current Prime Minister of Ireland?
3. In what year was the current Irish constitution adopted?
4. Is the publication of "blasphemous, seditious, or indecent matter" a criminal offence in Ireland?
5. In what year did women get the right to vote in Ireland?
6. Who was the first woman to be president of Ireland?
7. What bank is infamous for its rapid growth then role in taking down the Irish economy in 2008?
8. What name of a barnyard animal is used to describe Ireland, Greece and two other EU countries with economies in collapse in 2011?
9. As of Saint Patrick’s Day, 2011, how many Irish catholic bishops resigned in disgrace after public awareness of the pervasive extent of cases of rape, pedophilia and abuse in the catholic church in Ireland?
10. Which of the following broad objectives are included in the Irish constitution:
a. Justice and charity must inform national institutions?
b. The free market and private property must be regulated in the interests of the common good?
c. The state must prevent a destructive concentration of essential commodities in the hands of a few?
d. The state should ensure efficiency in private industry and protect the public against economic exploitation?
e. Everyone has the right to an adequate occupation?
f. The state must supplement private industry where necessary?
g. The state must protect the vulnerable, such as orphans and the aged?
h. No one may be forced into an occupation unsuited to their age, sex or strength?
In the spirit of good bar room debates, you are on your own determining the quiz answers.
Copyright 2011 Kiss Me Quiz. No rights reserved.